- To address the challenges too hardships many women too girls aspect upwards during their menstruation.
- To highlight the positive too innovative solutions beingness taken to address these challenges.
- To catalyze a growing, global stimulate that recognizes too supports girl’s too women’s rights too ready partnerships with those partners on national too local level.
- To engage inwards policy dialogue too actively advocate for the integration of MHM into global, national too local policies, programs too projects.
- It creates an occasion for media work, including social media.
Menstruation, too known equally a time period or monthly is the regular discharge of blood too mucosal tissue from the inner lining of the uterus through the vagina.
Menstruation is a phenomenon unique to the females. The attack of menses is 1 of the most of import changes occurring with the girls during the adolescent years.
Menstruation is a natural purpose of the reproductive cycle.
The root menses (menarche) occurs betwixt xi too xv (mean of 13) years.
The menstrual cycle occurs due to the rising too autumn of hormones.
This cycle results inwards the thickening of the lining of the uterus, too the growth of an egg, (which is required for pregnancy).
- “Women too adolescent girls utilization a ready clean cloth to absorb or collect menstrual blood, too this cloth tin last changed inwards privacy equally frequently equally necessary for the duration of menstruation.
- MHM too includes using lather too H2O for washing the trunk equally required; too having access to facilities to dispose of used menstrual management materials.
Menstrual Hygiene Management inwards Nepal
- Every solar daytime closed to 290000 women too girls inwards Nepal menstruate!!
- 82% of Nepali women living inwards rural Nepal, utilization of unhygienic, un-healthy too maybe unsafe menstrual hygiene management methods force Nepali women deeper into the crack of marginalization too reproductive wellness morbidity.
- Young adolescent girls constitute a peculiarly vulnerable group. Studies direct hold shown that adolescent girls frequently lack appropriate information most their reproductive wellness too proper menstrual management which has a direct impact upon adolescent girl’s schooling, with absenteeism of menstruating girls equally high equally 53% inwards Nepal.
- This frequent absence from schoolhouse implies an average annual absence of at to the lowest degree half-dozen weeks from schoolhouse straight affecting girl’s academic progress.
- Unsatisfactory academic progress coupled with the societal belief that girls who direct hold started menstruating are eligible for marriage, contributes to high dropout rates from schoolhouse too early on marriage, which itself is a direct chances element preventing optimum reproductive health, birthing practices, nascency spacing too salubrious children.
- Educating girls most menses helps increase self esteem, enhance grades too enhance wages.
- Learning most menses empowers girls to direct hold aid of themselves inwards ready novel ways.
- Learning too agreement what menstrual hygiene options be for them gives girls the chance to pick out what solution is best for them.
- It gives girls too women confidence to alive their lives normally.
- Talking most menstrual hygiene earlier menarche (the root period) is really of import for ensuring that girls know how to direct hold the frequently scary root period.
- Understanding how tampons, menstrual cups, or other sanitary materials operate allows girls to explore their bodies inwards novel too of import ways.’
- Proper menstrual hygiene keeps girls inwards school.
- Access to menstrual hygiene products happen girls on the same rails equally their manful somebody peers.
- It keeps women at work, contributing to economical development.
- Educating girls too women most feminine hygiene too biological scientific discipline helps to bust myths too cultural superstitions.
- Access to right information most hygiene too adequate sanitary materials enables women to experience to a greater extent than confident too comfortable with their bodies.
- Debunking myths too taboos tin happen girls too women safe. (Chaupadi)
- It helps women realize that they are non impure.
- Educating men too boys most menses tin assist men prepare higher levels of agreement of women too girls’ bodies too needs.
- Learning most menstrual hygiene management helps ensure cleanliness.
- Knowing what production or cloth to use, how frequently to alter it, too having access to WASH (water, sanitation too hygiene) facilities helps girls too women maintain practiced hygiene piece menstruating.
- It helps happen Bacterial Vaginosis (bacterial vaginal infections) away, It tin assist forbid girls too women from getting toxic stupor syndrome (TSS)
- It helps trim down the likelihood of getting cervical cancer.