Second Long Term Health Plan, 1997 – 2017
The Ministry of Health of His Majesty’s Government of Nepal developed a 20-year Second Long-Term Health Plan (SLTHP) for FY 2054-74 (1997-2017). The aim of the SLTHP is to conduct wellness sector evolution inward the improvement of the wellness of the population, especially those whose wellness needs are non oftentimes met.
The SLTHP addresses disparities inward healthcare, assuring sex sensitivity in addition to equitable community access to character healthcare services. The aims of the SLTHP are to furnish a guiding framework to construct successive periodic in addition to annual wellness plans that meliorate the wellness status of the population; to develop appropriate strategies, programmes, in addition to activeness plans that reverberate national health
priorities that are affordable in addition to consistent with available resources; in addition to to institute co-ordination with public, individual in addition to NGO sectors in addition to evolution partners.
The SLTHP vision is a healthcare scheme with equitable access in addition to character services inward both rural in addition to urban areas. The scheme would comprehend the concepts of sustainability, sum community participation, decentralisation, sex sensitivity, effective in addition to efficient management, in addition to individual in addition to NGO participation.
- To meliorate the wellness status of the population of the nearly vulnerable groups, especially those whose wellness needs oftentimes are non met-women in addition to children, the rural population, the poor, the underprivileged, in addition to the marginalized population.
- To extend to all districts cost-effective world wellness measures in addition to essential curative services for the appropriate handling of mutual diseases in addition to injuries.
- To furnish the appropriate numbers, distribution in addition to types of technically competent in addition to socially responsible wellness personnel for character healthcare throughout the country, especially inward under-served areas.
- To meliorate the management in addition to arrangement of Earth wellness sector in addition to to increase the efficiency in addition to effectiveness of the healthcare system.
- To develop appropriate roles for NGOs, in addition to Earth in addition to individual sectors inward providing in addition to financing wellness services.
- To meliorate inter-and intra-sectoral co-ordination in addition to to furnish the necessary weather in addition to back upward for effective decentralisation with sum community participation.
The targets of the SLTHP are equally follows:
- To trim the baby mortality charge per unit of measurement to 34.4 per grand alive births;
- To trim the under-five mortality charge per unit of measurement to 62.5 per thousand;
- To trim the sum fertility charge per unit of measurement to 3.05;
- To increase life expectancy to 68.7 years;
- To trim the unsmooth nascence charge per unit of measurement to 26.6 per thousand;
- To trim the unsmooth expire charge per unit of measurement to half dozen per thousand;
- To trim the maternal mortality charge per unit of measurement to 250 per hundred grand births;
- To increase the contraceptive prevalence charge per unit of measurement to 58.2 percent;
- To increase the per centum of deliveries attended past times trained personnel to 95%;
- To increase the per centum of important women attention a minimum of iv antenatal visits to 80%;
- To trim the per centum of iron-deficiency anaemia with important women to 15%;
- To increase the per centum of women of child-bearing historic menstruum (15-44) who have tetanus toxoid (TT2) to 90%;
- To decrease the per centum of newborns weighing less than 2500 grams to 12%;
- To convey essential healthcare services (EHCS) inward the districts available to 90% of the population living within xxx minutes’ go fourth dimension of facilities;
- To convey essential drugs available at 100% of facilities;
- To equip 100% of facilities with sum staff to deliver essential wellness attention services; and
- To increase sum wellness expenditures to 10% of sum authorities expenditures.