What is World TB Day?
World TB Day is held each twelvemonth on March 24th in addition to aims to gear upwards world awareness for tuberculosis. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 illness which despite beingness curable, remains a destructive epidemic inward much of the world.
On this day, nosotros commemorate Dr Robert Koch’s proclamation inward 1882 of his regain of the TB bacillus, the travail of tuberculosis. His groundbreaking question opened the agency toward diagnosing in addition to curing this disease.
World TB Day is an chance for people everywhere to bring together this care yesteryear helping to educate others almost TB in addition to yesteryear urging governments to accept action. We believe that together nosotros tin End TB for in i lawsuit in addition to for all: Unite to End TB!
The Red Arrow : A Symbol to Unite Us Against TB
The Red Arrow is a symbol for our goal: a earth without TB. It represents our unwavering commitment to motility forrard alongside this mission until nosotros accomplish the complete line. Because despite its devastating touching on equally the world’s leading infectious killer, at that topographic point is withal the troubling fact that most people inward the earth retrieve of TB equally a illness of the past.
The Red Arrow was developed alongside the input of thousands of partners inward the TB community. The symbol belongs to no unmarried organization, person, tagline, or agenda. It represents our unity against TB, in addition to it’s inward your hands to shape, mold, in addition to give pregnant to.
- Tuberculosis (TB) is a reach infectious illness killer worldwide.
- In 2014, 9.6 meg people vicious sick alongside TB in addition to 1.5 meg died from the disease.
- Over 95% of TB deaths occur inward low- in addition to middle-income countries, in addition to it is amid the reach v causes of decease for women aged xv to 44.
- In 2014, an estimated 1 meg children became sick alongside TB in addition to 140 000 children died of TB.
- TB is a leading killer of HIV-positive people: inward 2015, 1 inward 3HIV deaths was due to TB.
- Globally inward 2014, an estimated 480 000 people developed multidrug-resistant TB (MDR-TB).
- The Millennium Development Goal target of halting in addition to reversing the TB epidemic yesteryear 2015 has been met globally. TB incidence has fallen yesteryear an average of 1.5% per twelvemonth since 2000 in addition to is straight off 18% lower than the degree of 2000.
- The TB decease charge per unit of measurement dropped 47% betwixt 1990 in addition to 2015.
- An estimated 43 meg lives were saved through TB diagnosis in addition to handling betwixt 2000 in addition to 2014.
- Ending the TB epidemic yesteryear 2030 is amid the wellness targets of the newly adopted Sustainable Development Goals.